Keith as he appears in the earlier titles
|Nickname||Eloquent misunderstood boy|
|Age||24 (PI), 25 (PI2), 26 (Matrimelee), 27 (Senzo Kuyou)|
|Birthdate||March 13, 1969|
|Birthplace||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Height||183 cm (6')|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
|Hobbies||Training, Out with girls (specially with Annie Hamilton)|
|Attack specialty||Martial Arts + Throwing techniques|
|Family||Siosuke George Jr. Wayne (Grandfather)|
Aya Amy Wayne (Grand Aunt)
Johnny Wayne (Father)
Elizabeth (Mother) Chris Wayne (son)
- "I train hard and long everyday and I feel great! Yeah!"
Keith Wayne (キース･ウェイン) is a character in the Power Instinct series, making his first appearance in Power Instinct and has been a recurring character since. Along with Kurara Hananokoji, Keith is also a popular character in the series. Keith was voiced by Seigo Aihara on the three first games of the series and by Hidenari Mamoto in Matrimelee, Bonnou no Kaihou and Matsuri Senzo Kuyou. According to the development staff his appearence was inspired on the actor River Phoenix.
About Keith Edit
Keith is self-centered and conceited. He was a misunderstood youth who at one time ran with a gang. But the strong, unrivaled love of his father was what made him leave. His one and only best friend was the leader of the gang (he still hangs out with that friend once in awhile).
Keith's mother Elizabeth left home when he was a child and practically doesn't know her. Lacking of a maternal figure, Keith slowly developed a complex that makes him constantly looking for afection and/or aprovation of women. Can easily feel atracted to older women, but he also tends to be very narcisistic(he likes very much to look himself into the mirror) and has the habit of flirting with women at the first opportunity, this behavior makes him hurt the feelings of the girls that have been in a close relation with him, but despite of this, he is very vulnerable to women tears, and he hates to cause sadness on them.
Keith enjoys to spend time at his father's gym. and once he left his gang, have been practicing different disciplines. He got interested in practicing fighting techniques after watching the film Rocky .Another curiosity about Keith is that he began using baby training pants when he was 1 year old.
During the 16th Goketsuji tournament, he met Otane Goketsuji in her young form and had a crush on her, but later he learned that Otane wasn't interested on him and that she was kinda old for him too. But fortunately for Keith, on that same tournament he met Annie Hamilton who has certain physical resemblance with young Otane. The following year he begun to court Annie and next year they started a relationship. Eventually they got married and in the year 1997 their son, Chris Wayne was born.
In the first few games, Keith wears a white shirt, blue jeans and a blue bandana in his forehead, which makes him look very similar to the character Axel Stone from Streets of Rage (Bare Knuckle in Japan), a beat 'em up game developed by Sega. Interestingly, Keith and Axel have the same weight and height.
In Power Instinct Matrimelee, Keith was redesigned; he now wears a black shirt and doesn't have a bandana, leaving a scar on his forehead exposed. He also is wearing what appears to be a one-piece tracksuit, the top half of which he leaves hanging loosely around his abdomen. However, there were also notable differences between his official artwork and his in-game appearance. In the former, Keith has short hair and gloves, while in game his hair is longer and he wears wristbands instead of gloves.
In CR Goketsuji Ichizoku, Keith gained an appearance that is congruent with his sprites in the latest games.
Participation Details Edit
- Power Instinct
As part of his rehabilitation, Keith's father suggested him to practice any kind of sport and since he left his gang he has been trying everything. His father told him about the tradition of the martial arts tournaments, and he decided to practice just that. After a year of training, Keith wants to see the result of his effort and singed up for the Goketsuji tournament.
- Power Instinct 2
Keith received the invitation for the new tournament... it seems like a good opportunity to impress some interesting girls that he met in the conference and also to get the resources to finance his dating expenses.
- Power Instinct Legends
Keith wants to ask Annie out on a date, but he doesn't know where to take her. Suddenly Kanji Kokuin appeared before him with two tickets for a very exclusive concert and promised to give them to him if he participates and wins the tournament. Keith didn't refuse.
- Toukon Matrimelee
He read in the invitation for the Toukon Matrimelee tournament that the winner will be married to a young princess, and with pretty girls being his weak point, he doesn't even hesitate in participating.
- Bonnou no Kaihou
Keith's motivation to participate in the Bonnou no Kaihou tournament is to win a grand luxury vacation on an island and have fun with many beautiful girls.
- Senzo Kuyou
Keith joined to the festival pretending indifference to the promise of meeting his ancestors and the possibility to win a good prize. Seems that his true wish is about to become true....
Special Moves Edit
- Knuckle Bomber - Keith rushes the opponent with a combination of punches.
- Spiral Kick - Keith flies at the opponent with a series of kicks. Additional attacks for the move can be done by rapidly tapping the Strong Kick button. In later games, Keith can execute this move in mid-air.
- Lightning Flash - Keith unleashes a wave of lightning energy along the ground.
- Rolling Cannon - Keith throws himself into the air at an angle with a flying kick.
- Spiral Rush - Keith unleashes a combo of kick attacks into the opponent.
- Little Steps - Keith unleashes a combo of punch attacks into the opponent. He had this move in Power Instinct Legends.
- Rolling Axe - Keith flips into the air at his foe and unleashes a fierce energy kick. He had this move in Power Instinct Legends.
- Final Crash Bomber - Keith throws a Lightning Flash and then comes rushing into his opponent with a strong series of attacks similar to the Knuckle Bomber, ending with a flaming punch.
- Rolling Bomber - In Matrimelee, Keith can use another super attack during his Final Crash Bomber between the 1st or 5th hits. Instead of completing the above move, Keith unleashes a more powerful version of the Rolling Cannon.
- Rising Volcano - Keith unleashes a massive blast of energy, following with another one of flame.
- "Hey, that was a very good fight!"
- "I won! Boy. I'm pumped"
- "Pure ability! Wha ha ha!"
- "What a great workout!"
- "Boy, you really had my adrenaline going there!"
- "Geez! If only this were the deciding match."
- "I train hard and long every day and I feel great!"
Music Themes Edit
- Eiyuu ni Naritai (I Want to be a Hero) - Power Instinct
- Eiyuu ni Naritai -Ayashige Version- - Power Instinct 2
- Eiyuu ni Naritai -Heavy Version- - Power Instinct 2
- Eiyuu ni Naritai -Sawayaka Version- - Power Instinct 2
- Blue Note Swing - Power Instinct Legends
- Hyakkan (375 kg) - Matrimelee / Bonnou no Kaihou
- Power Instinct
- Power Instinct 2
- Power Instinct Legends
- Power Instinct Matrimelee
- Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnou no Kaihou
- Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou
- CR Goketsuji Ichizoku
Related Characters Edit
- Annie Hamilton: Girlfriend and future wife
- Chris Wayne: Future son
- Saizo Hattori: Mutual hatred
- Reiji Oyama: Rival
- Otane Goketsuji: Keith met Otane in her young form in the 16th Goketsuji Tournament (during the first Power Instinct) and had a crush on her.
- Angela Belti: Angela gives him a maternal vibe.
- Sahad Asran Ryuto: Thinks that Ryuto is a moron.
- White Buffalo: Never ever win a relative.