Otane as she appears in the early titles.
|Alternate names||Tane Goketsu|
|Age||78 (PI), 79 (PI2), 80 (Matrimelee), 100 (GoF)|
|Birthdate||September 15, 1915|
|Birthplace||Somewhere in the northwestern region of Kyoto, Japan|
|Height||150 cm (4'11")|
|Weight||45 kg (99 lbs)|
|Blood type||Unknown (she faints at the sight of blood)|
|Attack specialty||Overwhelming Kicking and Punching techniques|
|Family||Oume Goketsuji (Twin Sister)|
Oshima Goketsuji (Mother)
- "Evil?! Me? You must be mistaken!"
Otane Goketsuji (豪血寺 お種, Gouketsuji Otane) is a character from the Power Instinct franchise. In Japan the kanji "お"(O) is used as a way to talk more formally to a person, being the real names of the twins Ume and Tane, being that the way that the twins were called in Matrimelee, but this was not the first time that their names were written like that. In the CD game of Goketsuji Ichizoku 2 for Playstation, exploring through the files can be seen that the archives for Otane, Oume and Annie are named Tane, Ume and Anny. Strangely Otane was recolored with her sister's colors from the previous games. Otane was voiced by Keiko Ijuu in the first three games of the series and ranked 11 in Gamest Mook's TOP 30 best female videogame character in 1994.
About Otane Edit
Due to her unconquerable spirit, Otane has become superhuman. She is both mysterious and secretive so you never know what she may be up to.
Otane had a sad childhood where she was constantly berated and abused by her older sister Oume and due to her relative weakness, her mother didn't pay much attention to her. Her older sister seemed to hate her...
One day, at the age of 6 years, after strolling in the forest, Otane was very tired when she returned home, and quickly fell asleep. However, Oume was waiting for her, and at the moment Otane closed her eyes, Oume confined Otane in a box and threw the box into the ocean.
Sometime later, a farmer found the box half buried in the sand and he could hear that someone was crying inside. When the farmer opened the box and found Otane, he took her to his home and when he and his family could reassure the child, they tried to find out who she was and where her family was at, but due to the traumatic event, Otane only remembered her name.
For the next seven years Otane lived a poor but happy life, and slowly she started to remember her past life and one day decided to return home, but her reappearance wasn't welcome by her sister Oume, who just became even more aggressive towards her twin sister.
Finally, tired of Oume's abuse and the indifference of her mother, Otane decided to leave home at the age of 15 with only one thing on her mind: Training endlessly, so that one day she will prove that she is a worthy representative of the Goketsuji clan.
Participation Details Edit
- Power Instinct
Otane spent every day of her life improving all of her fighting techniques and thinks that she is ready to return to home and make Oume pay for all the suffering that she caused to her in the past.
- Power Instinct 2
Otane won the Gouketsuji tournament and it seemed that life finally smiled upon her. She begun the construction of an amusement park that she called Otane Land. A week before the inauguration of her park, she was kidnapped and thrown into the ocean. Otane was able to free herself and suspecting Oume, she returned to Otane Land. Although she managed to arrive on time to defend her title, she was exhausted from her struggle to return was defeated.
- Power Instinct Legends
Kanji invited Otane to his Friendly Exhibition Tournament and she accepted. Her plan is to get close to Kanji and convince him to give her back the seat as clan leader.
- Power Instinct Matrimelee
Otane received an invitation for a fighting tournament from the King of Certain Country. Her life hasn't been very happy as of late and as the invitation for the tournament promised to find true happiness for the winner, she is willing to do her best to win.
- Bonnou no Kaihou
Trying to erase the bad memories of her past Otane continues her search for true happiness. She hopes to win the Bonnou no Kaihou tournament to have the best formal dance party.
- Senzo Kuyou
Believing that there is a possibility that her wish of becoming the new leader of the Goketsuji clan will be granted. She joins to the celebration of the Matsuri Senzo Kuyou.
- Groove on Fight
Many years have passed since Otane participated in a fighting tournament. One day she received a visit from Oume and was offered something that surprised her... Oume proposed to share the leadership of the clan and Otane accepted.
One night in one of the casinos of her property, she witnesses a fight between her sister Oume and an old man. The man proved to be a skillful fighter, so Otane invited him to team up with them for the Gouketsuji Tournament.
Special Moves Edit
- Gan Saishi (Rock Pulverizer Denture) - Otane hurls her dentures at her foes.
- Ten Bu Kyaku(Heaven's Dance Kick ) - Otane comes flying downwards at her foe surrounded in burning energy. Can inflict multiple hits. This attack was modified in Matrimelee to work as an antiaerial, Otane performs a rising spinning kick.
- Ikaku Gan (Intimidating Face) - Otane rises into the air with a gigantic, horrific blast in the form of her face. A very fearsome attack.
- Ryusei Ranbu Dan (Meteor Swirling Bullets) - Otane fires multiple blasts of energy at her enemy.
- Raku Hoshi Gan (Star Face Drop) - Otane points her finger at her foe, and a giant weight (in the form of Otane) falls on the opponent's head. She had this move in Power Instinct Legends.
- Ikaku Dan (Bullet Threat) -Otane charges her head backward then she moves her head forward leaving a floating projectile in shape of her face, the projectile remains in the air a few seconds.
- Kuchu Neri Kihou (Air Gloss Bubble)- Otane unleashes a burst of energy around her body while in mid air.
- Shinra Kyou (Shinra Mirror) - Pulling out a mirror, Otane points it at her foe and her spirit flies out, dealing massive damage to her enemy even if s/he blocks. She had this move in Power Instinct 2 and Power Instinct Legends
- Zetsu Ki Shou(Absolute Demon Palm) - Otane pulls out a mirror and a big demonic hand comes out of it to squeeze the life out of the opponent.
- Goketsu Ryu Oganda (Gouketsu Floating Face Attack) - Otane thrusts her head into the ground and launches several Ugly Faces from underneath all across the screen. She only had this move in Power Instinct 2.
- Gouketsu Ryu Ikaku Gan (Gouketsu Intimidating Face Attack) - Otane shoots a big fireball in shape of her head at the enemy.
- Shin Gouketsu Ryu Ikaku Gan (Super Gouketsu Intimidating Face Attack)- Otane shoots 3 fireballs in the shape of her head at the enemy
Super Otane Edit
- See Super Otane
Music Themes Edit
- Bochi no Haru (Spring Cemetery) - Power Instinct
- Ayashigena Hikouki (Suspicious Aircraft ) - Power Instinct 2
- Kyoufu no Midaregami (Dreadful Chaotic Hair) - Power Instinct 2
- Metameta - Power Instinct 2
- Kawaisou na Otane(Poor Otane) - Power Instinct 2
- ZIZIZI Ondo - Power Instinct Legends
- Subarashiki Itaaneto(Wonderful Internet) - Matrimelee / Bonnou no Kaihou
- Power Instinct
- Power Instinct 2 - Boss
- Power Instinct Legends
- Groove On Fight - As Oume & Otane
- Power Instinct Matrimelee
- Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnou no Kaihou
- Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou
- CR Goketsuji Ichizoku - Event character
Related Characters Edit
- Otane's favorite song is "I Want To Be A Hero"; However, she doesn't know who the singer is.
- In the arcade version of the first PI game, if both human players select Otane, the battle will take place in Oume's stage rather than Otane's.
- Interestingly, in a voice collection for the announcer in Power Instinct 2, Otane's name is spoken. It may have gone unused, as Otane is not playable in the game and losing to her only results in the announcer saying the player's character lost.
- Additionally, in the same game, Otane has a set of unused quotes for when she loses (ordinarily you are taken to the ending when you defeat her).