|Genre||Shooter / Platform|
|Modes||Up to 2 players simultaneously|
|Arcade system||Sega Titan Board|
|Display||Horizontally oriented, 704 × 513, 6144 palette colors|
|Input||8-way joystick, 3 buttons|
|Platforms||Arcade, Sega Saturn|
Purikura Daisakusen (プリクラ大作戦), (translation: Purikura Great Tactics), also known as Princess Clara Daisakusen, is an arcade game made by Atlus. "Purikura", which is also the name of a type of photo booth also made by Atlus in this case, is an abbreviation of "Princess Kurara", of the Power Instinct series, who stars in this action shooter spin-off. It was released in the arcades in 1996 and received a Sega Saturn port later on in the year.
Peace in Miracle World, a kingdom ruled by the Queen Urara, was torn suddenly by the invasion of the “Scrap Empire” a realm of machines.
The Scrap Empire's leader turned all the citizens of Miracle World in animals. Being defenseless, the Queen was kidnapped.
Before being kidnapped, the Queen commanded Gray to find her little sisters and take care of the "Miracle Gem" a gem that is vital for the existence of Miracle World.
The game is a shooter with isometric view, the player have beetwen three different playable characters. After choosing a character the player will have to advance across five stages defeating all the enemiesthat appears on each mission. The game uses a three button lyout, button "A" is to shoot, button "B" performs a powerful close range attack button "C" is to perform a special full screen attack that cant be evaded, this special attack is done with the Pure Egg which is a living egg that helps the player in battle and can evolve in diferents forms. By taping twice in one direction the character will perform a dash move that helps to avoid the enemy attacks.
In the superior part of the screen can be seen different indicators, these are: Life Points , Number of bombs, Timer, Character number(lives) , Power gauge, the score of the player, and in the inferior part of the screen there are the number of credits available.
The Life Points are represented by three small red hearts, the player will loose these life points if it's character is touched by an enemy or hit by an attack, when the player loose all the hearts, a character number(one life) is used and substracted from the character number indicator. when all the caracter number are lost the player have the option to use a credit to continue, if not, then the game will be over. The player can loose a character number if the timer reach zero and still haven't finished the mission.
Depending of the attack used to defeat the enemy, the player will get either a gem or will recue animals. When an enemy is destroyed with the shoot attack, it will let free animals. Rescuing animals builts the power gauge on the superior corner of the screen. When the gauge is full the player can use the Pure egg special attack. The gauge can be filled to the maximum of three levels.
Defeating the enemies with the close range attack, will grant gems to the player, the gems increase the score of the player and will influence in which creature the Pure egg might evolve . Also, while defeating an enemy with this attack, will push the enemy making it clash with other nearby enemies, this will cause a domino effect, destroying all the enemies involved, exponentially multiplying the points gained by the player per the number of enemies destroyed. The close range attack can be performed while dashing, this will give more strenght to the attack.
The palyer get points collecting power ups, special items, defeating enemies or rescuing th habitants of Miracle Wolrd(the animals that some enemies release when they are defeated) getting points will cause the character upgrade his/her level increasing the power or range of his/her attacks. After defeating the Boss of each mission the score of the player is calculated. The player receives points by the numbre of gems collected, animal rescued and time spent on finishing the mission.
At the end of each stage the player will face a final boss that will attack in it's unique way. Once the player defeat the boss will have the opportunity to make extra points collecting the items or miracle world habitants that the boss release when it is defeated.
During the each mission the player may find the "miracle mirror" an special item that transform the character in his/her alternate self changing his/her appearence and making him/her unvulnerable to the enemies, while the character is under the effect of the miracle mirror She/he can destroy enemies by only touch them .
In the final stage the player will fight againts the leader of the Scrap Empire once it is defeated it will set queen Urara free and the ending of the game is show. The game has multiple ending and it changes depending if the game was finished in one or two player mode, the character combination used and even form of the Pure egg.
Sega Saturn Port Edit
Released on november 15 1996. The Sega Saturn version is nearly identical to the original adding some new features like:
- A new full animated anime style intro
- Character introduction mode, where the player can watch several artworks of the main character, while each character tell their respective story, these narrations are fully voiced.
- The endigs are voice acted.
- Sound test mode, in which the player can listen every melody of the soundtrack(which is an arranged version) and sound effects.
- A options screen where the player can configurate it controller and tweak some characteristics of the game.
Gameplay wise some notable differences would be that, unlike the original game, there are a limited number of continues being three continues top and that the dash move can be assigned to one button as an alternate way to perform said move. There are a special edition of the game that included a calendar as a gift.
- Mission 1: S.O.S.!! Great Battle in a Magical Kingdom!!
- Mission 2: The armored Railroad of the desert !! Epic maneuver!!
- Mission 3: Return to the Miracle Royal Capital !! Peace Restore Operation !
- Mission 4: Extremely Cold!! Sub-zero Battle plan!
- Mission 5: The last Fight!! Battle againts the god machine of the darkness!!
- Spin Tyura: Description, Weapons, Advice, Music theme
- Sky Lady: Description, Weapons, Advice, Music theme
- Judgment: Description, Weapons, Advice, Music theme
- Death Scissors: Description, Weapons, Advice, Music theme
- Flash the All : Description, Weapons, Advice, Music theme
- Shoot Power Up: A jewel in the shape of Kurara top part of her magic wand. It increases the power of the character shoots.
- Shoot Speed Up : A jewel in the shape of Kirara top part of her magic wand. It increases the speed of the character shoots.
- Cake slice: Recovers one life point.
- Whole Cake: Recovers all the life points
- Miracle Mirror: A gold mirror that transforms the characters in their alternate selves for 10 seconds giving to them invulnerability againts the enemies
- 1UP: A Kurara doll that grants one character number(life) to the player.
- Bonus Items: They can be: Money bags, gold, necklaces or crowns. Collecting these items will add points to the player score.
- Pure Egg: A living egg that shots energy beams to the enemy. In its special attack, several energy beams fall dow from the sky damaging the enemies. A pure egg just can evolve into a Fairy or a Big Eye.
- Big Eye : A yellow creature with a big eye in the middel of the head, from where he can shoot small energy beams to the enemy. His special attack consist in shotting a large energy beam from its eye that damages the enemies on it's way. A Big Eye just can evolve in a Dragon Puppy or in a Tiny Devil.
- Fairy: A little Fairy dressed in a pink outfit she attacks sending kisses that hurts the enemy. In her special attack several pink hearts emerges from the ground to damge the enemies. A Fairy just can evolve into an Angel or a Dragn Puppy.
- Dragon Puppy: A small purple dragon baby. It can shoot small energy bolts from its mouth. Its special attack consist in a rain of electric bolts falls donw from the sky damaging all the enemies on the screen. A Dragon Puppy just can evolve into a Valkirye or in Jack Frost
- Angel: A blond angel girl that shots small crucifix to the enemy. In her special attack she makes appear a big image of a crucifix that hurts all the enemies on the screen. Angel just can evolve into a Goddes or a Valkirye.
- Tiny Devil: A small gray devil that shoots fireballs from his moth. In his special attack makes several yellow flowers grow from the floor. Each flower have a bomb on it that explote in short time, only the enemies that are close to the flowers are damaged. Tiny Devil just can evolve into Jack Frost or Lich.
- Goddess: Is a goddes with long purple hair. In her special attack she triggers a meteor rain that ends with a big explotion that causes a big damage into the enemies. Goddess is one of the final evolutions of the pure egg.
- Jack Frost: A snow efl that attacks with ice balls also is mascot of Atlus and has appeared on several games from the Shin Megami Tensei series. In his Special attack he creates a snow storm that brings big pieces of ice taht fall down to the flor. Jack Frost is one of the final evolutions of the pure egg.
- Valkirye: A white haired girl dressed in an armor, she fights using a spear. In her special attack she makes emanate flames from the ground, then she summons a red dragon for a final strike. Valkirye is one of the final evolutions of the pure egg.
- Lich: Is a Skeleton dressed as a magician, he attacks using his crosier to shoot magic balls. In his Special Attack he summons a large demon surrounded by several demonic faces. This attack is probably the one that most damage causes to the enemies even the bosses. Lich is one of the final evolutions of the pure egg.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|