Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Saizo as he appears in the early titles.
|Age||23 (PI), 24 (PI2), 25 (BnK)|
|Birthdate||October 29, 1970|
|Birthplace||The mountain regions of Mie prefecture, Japan|
|Height||175 cm (5'9")|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lbs)|
|Family||Daizo Hattori (Grandfather)|
Rikuro Hattori (Grand uncle)
Gennai Hattori (Father)
Shin Hattori (Uncle)
Sakurako Hattori (Aunt)
Takumi Hattori (Cousin)
- "Plant your feet firmly on the ground to have sound judgement!"
Saizo Hattori (破鳥 才蔵, Hattori Saizo) is a character designed for the Power Instinct series, serving as something of a parody of ninjas in fighting games.
About Saizo Edit
Saizo is a dark character who keeps his emotions hidden. He normally hides behind a mask to avoid the contact with others, although on occasion his part-time job requires him to appear on stage in an animal costume. He speaks in a code language called "Popapepa" when he doesn't want people to know what he is saying (apparently, only Poochy can understand that language). He likes the word "effort", and considers his mask to be a good luck charm.
Saizo is a very shy man and when he is not wearing his helmet he usually tries to hide his face, In official artwork, Saizo's face in entirety has rarely been shown when his mask and helmet were off; In most cases, his back is turned, or he is covering the lower portion of his face with his hand.
In his ending ending from Power Instinct Legen, apparently he surpass his Sociophobia and completely removes his mask and helmet, but his reward for being the winner of the tournament just causes his sociophobia to return.
In Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku Toukon Matrimelee, Saizo got a new design and is stated that has a better control of his fear to expose himself in public and is able to stand in fron of people without his helmet for longer time, but then in his Bonnou no Kaihou ending, his prize for winning the tournament make his sociophobia return.
In CR- Goketsuji Ichizoku he wears his helmet again.
Participation Details Edit
- Power Instinct
Saizo entered the tournament to continue the tradition of the martial arts school of his father.
- Power Instinct 2
After losing in the previous tournament, Saizo realized that he had a long way to go in order to become a real ninja master. Cheered up by an old friend of his father's, Saizo is willing to put forth his best efforts to win and learn the most techniques from his opponents.
- Goketsuji Legends
After his last involvement in the Goketsuji tournament, Saizo feels a little more confident and thinks that part of it is due to the coexistence he shares with some of the participants of the tournament (especially with Kurara). Saizo accepted Kanji's invitation, hoping that spending some time with the other competitors and winning the tournament will make him feel more sure of himself, and finally eradicate the sociophobia that always made him such a recluse.
- Toukon Matrimelee
Saizo finally has conquered one of his goals: To get rid of his sociophobia! Now he can stand to be without his helmet in front of people. He received an invitation for the Matrimelee tournament where the reward for the winner is getting engaged to the King's daughter.
Saizo thought that having a girlfriend would be an important step to becoming a complete and normal man, so he accepted the invitation to participate in the Matrimelee tournament.
- Bonnou no Kaihou
In order to improve his fighting techniques, Saizo wants his own gym and that is the reason for his participation on the Bonnou no Kaihou tournament.
- Senzo Kuyou
Saizo participates in the Matsuri Senzo Kuyou tournament to honour the memory of the founder of the Goketsuji Clan. In his heart, he hopes that his prayers of having a more positive personality will be heard.
Special Moves Edit
- Gokuen Shou Ryudan (Dragon Flash Bomb) - Saizo throws a bomb that explodes when it hits the ground.
- Feint Gokuen Shou Ryudan - Much like the above move, except Saizo throws a fake bomb. He gained this move in Power Instinct Legends and has had it since.
- Shinku Senpuzan (Triangle Tsunami Slash) - Saizo comes barreling at the opponent from above for multiple hits.
- Ryu En Ha (Dragon Flame Flash)- Saizo hurls a blast of energy at the opponent.
- Seien Reshouzan (Flame Slicer) - Saizo rushes at the opponent with his elbow at amazing speed with a wave of energy in front of him.
- Kage Musha (Shadow Warrior) - Saizo leaves a clone of himself behind as he attacks the opponent from above. He had this move in Power Instinct Legends.
- Bunshin no Jutsu (Clone Jutsu) - Saizo activates his ninjitsu and leaves images of himself in his wake as he fights for a limited time. He had this move in Power Instinct Legends.
- Gokuaku Noboru Ryu Dan (Flaming Flash Wave) - Saizo leaps into the air and throws down several Dragon Flash Bombs at the opponent.
- Hishou Mai Kage Zan (Killer Shadow's Victory Attack) - Saizo throws a shadow from the ground. If it hits, a shadow replica of himself will rise out and slash the opponent violently with kunai knives.
Music Themes Edit
- Jonjon Garagara - Power Instinct
- Namidano... (Your Tears...) - Power Instinct 2
- Namidano... -Raggae Version- - Power Instinct Legends
- Ninja Love, Goketsuji Style - Matrimelee / Bonnou no Kaihou
- Power Instinct
- Power Instinct 2
- Power Instinct Legends
- Power Instinct Matrimelee
- Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnou no Kaihou
- Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou
- CR Goketsuji Ichizoku
Related Characters Edit
- Kanji Kokuin: Friend of his grandfather
- Poochy: Friend
- Kurara Hananokoji: Friend
- Thin Nen: Rival
- Angela Belti: Dislike
- Kuroko: Close relationship
- Keith Wayne: Mutual hatred